A gas cylinder exploded and sparked off a fire at Middle East Restaurant in Ntinda, a Kampala suburb.
The Monday morning fire allegedly started in the kitchen where a gas cylinder was being filled.
“…they were filling one of the gas cylinders and at the same time, using it for cooking,” said Kampala Metropolitan Deputy Police Spokesperson, Luke Owoyesigyire.
He said an explosion occurred as a result.
There was a fire outbreak at middle East Restaurant Ntinda today in the morning . The fire allegedly started from the kitchen as they were filling one of the gas cylinders and at same time using it for cooking. An explosion occurred as a result in the kitchen . pic.twitter.com/FjjPyf7q01
— Owoyesigyire (@Lukowoyesigyire) August 29, 2022
“Fortunately, they were able to extinguish the fire using fire extinguishers before the fire prevention and rescue services arrived,” noted Owoyesigyire.
He said no life was lost and no injuries were registered.
“We are however looking into the issue of negligence.”