Police are investigating the circumstances under which four children, in the same household, died in a fire.
ASP Luke Owoyesigyire, Deputy PRO Kampala Metropolitan Police, said the incident happened on Thursday at Kawuku cell, Mulawa parish, Kira division, Kira Municipality in Wakiso district.
It is alleged that Ms Naigaga Annet, a local businesswoman dealing in roasted maize and yellow bananas, left her home early in the morning to go and fetch water from a nearby well.
She left the four children; Namulindwa Even, 8, Kibuuka Isan 6, her children and her grandchildren Nansubuga Noreen 3, and Cynthia at home.
The children were left inside their old two-bedroom, semi-permanent house with their elder sister, 12-year-old Nakkasi Catherine, who was preparing to go to school.
However, upon returning home from the well, Naigaga saw a lot of smoke coming from the house.
The four children were crying for help inside the house and the door was closed.
She made an alarm and attempted to enter and rescue the children but the fire was too much.
The Police at Kira Division have opened up inquiries into the incident.
Owoyesigyire said preliminary investigations indicate that there was a fuelled motorcycle inside the house hence the big fire.
It is also alleged that Nakasi Catherine, who is the eldest child, could have left the candle burning inside the house before she left for school.
The four bodies have been conveyed to the city mortuary Mulago for Post-mortem.